What's Coming: ANNUAL SRCAW Celebrations , Monday Oct 21 - Sunday Oct 27, 2019
Canadian Multifaith Federation, CMF (formerly OMC), not-for-profit organization providing research, education & advocacy on spiritual and religious diversity.
Click here to :
Read / Subscribe CMFs Newsletter
CMF's Spiritual and Religious Care Chaplaincy: Fact Sheet [More about CMF here]
• We are the oldest Multifaith Canadian organization that has been officially serving spiritual and religious needs and demands for 46 years in public sector institutions.
• We are not just a municipal or provincial body, rather we are a national federation with a growing network of supporters across Canada.
• We are a model in religious and spiritual care, in terms of being the longest provider of chaplaincy services, resources, tools and best practices to people of faith or no-faith.
• We are the only organization that had over thirty faith groups sign a joint memorandum to provide Chaplaincy services in public institutions in the ministries of Health, Social Services and Long Term Care.
• Our funding by the Provincial Government from 1971 to 2013 helped us serve, via chaplaincy, in many facilities and these services helped directly in crisis intervention, which avoided human rights and civil litigation..
• Since 2013 with no funding from the Provincial government we still get requests from these public institutions for services, resources, tools and advise regarding best practices in religious accommodations
. • Our chaplaincy model is not just from archival records, rather it is currently in practice and in demand in institutions. And among other instances of our excellence in spiritual & religious care practice, our Chaplains serve in Ten Home of the City of Toronto.
• We provide a special service to screen potential chaplains and spiritual service providers, viz., Multifaith Competency Screening Certification.
• Our Spiritual and Religious Awareness Week is proclaimed across Canada that annually celebrates the hard work of chaplains and spiritual care volunteers.
• CMF’s thirteen Regional Multifaith Committees, did enormous work in the institutions and in sustaining the spirit of Multifaith Chaplaincy.
• Based on our Multifaith composition of our Board and the Regional Committees, we are seen as authoritative source of information on Faith matters by all levels of Governments, Educational Institutions and Employers.